Asparagus and Mushroom Omelettes
- 1 egg
- 5 egg whites
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped and cooked asparagus
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ripe tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the egg, egg whites, chives, garlic powder, water and pepper; whisk briskly to fully combine.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of the margarine in a heavy 7-inch skillet over moderately high heat. Add 1/4 each of the asparagus and mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 of the egg mixture (about 1/2 cup), shake and swirl the skillet over the heat for 30 seconds; then let the omelet cook, undisturbed for 30 seconds more or until the edges and bottom are set.
- With a spatula, either fold the omelet in half or roll it to the edge of the pan and invert it onto a heated plate. Make 3 more omelets in the same way. Top each omelet with the chopped tomato and sprinkle with the parsley, dividing the total amount evenly.