Beef and Garden Vegetable Kebabs
- Indoor or outdoor grill
- 3/4 lb boneless lean steak, cut into 12 cubes of equal size
- 1/2 lb medium-sized zucchini sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized sweet onions, quartered
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp each, cayenne pepper, ground cardamom, cumin and coriander
- In a large bowl, blend yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, paprika, cayenne, cardamom, cumin and coriander.
- Add steak cubes to bowl and toss well. Cover and place in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat and oil an indoor or outdoor grill.
- In a medium sized saucepan, cook the zucchini in unsalted boiling water for 1 minute then drain or arrange the zucchini on a paper towel lined plate and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and thread onto skewers along with the vegetables.
- Grill, turning frequently for 12 to 15 minutes. You may use the oven broiler with a tray 5 inches from the heat, turning frequently.
- Serve with Tzatziki a delicious Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce