Broccoli with Peppers
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 cups broccoli florets (1 head)
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- In a heavy 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the onion garlic, water, broccoli, red pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to low and cook 6 to 8 minutes longer, stirring often, until the broccoli is tender but still crisp.