Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
- 2 green onions, including tops, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sweet green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 head lettuce, roughly torn
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar substitute
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Whisk together basil, olive oil, juice, sugar substitute and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, microwave corn for 45 seconds until just tender. Drain, add cold water, drain again. Add the dressing, green onions and cucumber. Toss well to mix.
- Serve on top of lettuce leaves.