Chicken Breasts with Lemon and Capers
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 lb skinned chicken breasts (2 breasts), halved and pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Combine the flour, pepper and paprika on a plate. Press the chicken breasts into the mixture, coating them evenly all over shaking off any excess.
- In a heavy 10-inch skillet, hear the oil over medium high heat for 1 minute. Add the breasts and cook about 3 minutes on each side. Do not over cook. Transfer the breasts to a warm platter.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom. Stir in the lemon juice and capers, and heat through. Pour the sauce over the breasts and serve with Sautéed Lemon Garlic Spinach.