Sautéed Peppers and Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium-size sweet red or green peppers (about 1 pound) seeded and cut into 1 into 1 inch squares
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium-size ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a heavy 10" skillet, heat the olive oil over moderate heat for 1 minute; add the peppers and onions, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar and garlic and cook, covered, 15 minutes longer.