Decadent Dark Chocolate Antioxidant Soufflés
- 2 tbsp Sugar Plus additional sugar for dusting ramekins
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Dutch Process Cocoa
- 1 tbsp Salted Butter Plus additional butter for coating the ramekins
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- ½ oz Chopped Dark Chocolate
- 2 large Eggs One beaten yolk, two egg whites
- 2 Store Bought Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Butter two (2) six ounce (6 oz) ramekins and then dust with sugar.
- Cream butter and half the sugar together, add flour and cocoa powder, and mix until it resembles cornmeal.
- Bring milk to a boil in a small pan, add chopped dark chocolate, and whisk until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they show soft peaks then gradually add the remaining sugar. Add the cocoa/flour mixture to the milk/chocolate mixture and softly stir in 1/4 of the egg whites. Fold the remaining egg whites, maintaining as much volume as possible.
- Divide the mixture between the two ramekins, push one truffle into the batter of each, and bake in the middle of the preheated 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes, or until puffed. The center will be molten.
- Serve immediately (extra yum with whipped cream).
- There will be none of this leftover to store. You’re welcome! Enjoy!